Tuesday, December 3, 2013

OATMEAL COOKIES

I've been wanting to do oatmeal cookies for such a long time but never had a chance to try it out. Even though I am not a big fan of desserts I like baking more than I like cooking. It is always more fun to try out dessert recipes, which eventually end up being not eaten. Since oatmeals are quite healthy I wanted to make the cookies healthy as well so I decided not to use any butter. I did a bit of research and used my mums help to come up with the ingredients. This recipe is not only healthy, easy and quick to make but also a good use of your spotty bananas, which will save them from being thrown away.


The main ingredients you will need are bananas, oatmeal and I also used dark chocolate to add some flavor to it (not so healthy oops). You can also use healthier options such as raisins, dried fruit or nuts instead of the chocolate. I didn't use proper measurements but just estimated the amount I would need. Make sure to start off by the least amount since you can always add if you need more.

First you will need to mash the bananas. Since we are not using any butter, banana will the job of keeping the oats together. An ordinary fork will do the job and it takes about a minute to mash it. You can to get it to a state where the banana is like a cream. 

Once all the bananas are mashed you can add the oats and chocolate and start mixing them all up. You can use a fork to do this. As I mentioned before since I estimated the amount of chocolate and oats, I kept adding more oats until I got it to the state, which it wasn't too liquid. In addition to the main ingredients I also added a pinch of salt and 1/4 tea spoon of vegetable oil. Once all the ingredients are mixed turn your oven to 180°C so that it heats up before you put the cookies in. 
                   
Make sure you put baking paper or use another material which will keep the cookies from sticking to the tray. With the help of a spoon form your mix of ingredients in a cookie shape. You don't need to worry about leaving too much space between each cookie because they will not spread. Once all your cookies are on the tray put it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Enjoy your delicious cookies!



2 comments:

  1. looks solo yum
    <3

    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were delicious, you should definitely try it out :) xx

      Delete